Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding
Adapted from Deila Online
9 slices of one day old bread (crust removed)
150g dark chocolate + 20g shaved chocolate
425 ml double cream
4 tbsp rum
1/3 tsp cinnamon
1) Cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles & set aside.
2) On a double boiler or bain marie , combine chocolate, double cream, sugar, butter , rum & cinnamon . Till chocolate & butter melted & sugar dissolved . Remove from heat & stir well to amalgamate all the ingredients.
3) In a large bowl , whisk eggs & then pour chocolate mixture over it & whisk thoroughly till well combined. Spoon about 1 cm layer of the chocolate mixture into ramekins or dish & arrange half of the bread triangles over it in overlapping rows . Pour half the remaining chocolate mixture all over the bread , then arrange the rst of the bread over that , finishing off with a layer of chocolate . With a fork, press the bread down gently so that it’s covered evenly with the liquid as it cools .
4) Cover ramekins or dish with clingfilm & let to stand at room temperature for 2 hours before placing it in the fridge for al least 24 hours before cooking .
5) Preheat oven to 180°C . Remove clingfilm from ramekins or dish & topped with shaved chocolate & bake in the oven on high shelf for 30 to 35 minutes . Let to stand for 10 minutes before serving with chilled pouring cream or vanilla ice –cream.
Linking this post to Cook Like A Star – Cook Like Deila Smith hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids & co hosting with Baby Sumo of Heart Your Heart Out with Mich of Piece Of Cake .